The former General Overseer of the Foursquare Gospel Church in Nigeria, Dr Wilson Badejo has died at age 74.
The National Secretary of the church, Rev. Yomi Oyinloye announced in a statement that Badejo who oversaw the church between 1999 and 2009 died on Saturday after a brief illness.
Oyinloye said the church was greatly saddened by the demise of the former G.O but encouraged members to take solace in the fact that Badejo lived a fulfilling, God-fearing and impactful life.
“He was a great achiever, an accomplished servant of God, a role model, a bridge builder, mentor, teacher par excellence, an apostle and respected family man.”
“He was a man of many parts who was able to unlock socio-cultural gateways, and in the process successfully endeared several friends and loved ones from all walks of life across the divide.”
Oyinloye, however, called for prayers for the family of the deceased and the church at large in this trying time.
- Opinion: FFK Has Joined APC, So What?
- We’re dealing with owner of 180 seized cows – Amotekun
- UNIBEN: Papa wey no well before, no be the attack go kill am?—Student cries over #20,000 tuition hike
- Opinion: A Blow to the Butchers of our People
- 400-level varsity student impregnates 14-year-old girl in Benue