Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde on Tuesday announced the dissolution of the state’s executive council after two years of meritorious service.
According to him, the rationale for the decision was to retool the cabinet after celebrating two years of active service to the good people of Oyo state.
In a statement signed by the chief press secretary to the governor, Mr Taiwo Adisa, Makinde announced the dissolution of the Executive Council after a meeting with the body which lasted for about 5 hours.
Here is the list of those affected:
- Chief of Staff
Chief Bisi Ilaka
- Commissioner for Environment and Natural Resources
Dr Abdullateef Idowu Oyeleke
- Commissioner for Budget and Planning
Barr. Nìyí Farinto
- Commissioner for Special Duties
Hon. Mrs. Funmilayo Orisadeyi
- Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology
Barr. Olasunkanmi Olaleye
- Commissioner for Justice
Prof Oyelowo Oyewo
- Commissioner for Lands, Housing & Urban Development
Barr. Abdurahman Abdulraheem
- Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters
Chief Bayo Lawal
- Commissioner for Energy and Mineral Resources
Barr. Temilolu ‘Seun Ashamu
- Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development
Hon. Muyiwa Ojekunle
- Commissioner for Commerce
Mr Nìyí Adebisi
- Commissioner for Information and Mass Mobilization
Dr Wasiu Olatubosun
- Commissioner for Finance
Mr Akinola Ojo
- Commissioner for Health
Dr Bashir Bello
- Commissioner for Establishment and Training
Alhaji Siju Lawal
- Commissioner for Youth & Sports
Mr Seun Fakorede
- Commissioner for Public Works, Infrastructure and Transport
Professor Daud kehinde Sangodoyin
- Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Inclusion
Alhaja Fausat Sanni
However, the following were retained: the Secretary to the State Government (SSG) Mrs Olabamiwo Adeosun, Head of Service (HOS) Mrs Amidat Ololade Agboola, Director General of Due Process office Ms Tara Adefope.
It was also gathered that the termination of the appointments of the state executive council takes effect from July 29 2021.
The Governor Makinde, however, wished the ex-Commissioners the best in their future endeavours.